Auto-Import connects your Gmail, Google Apps, Yahoo! Mail, and Outlook in-boxes with your TripIt account.
Once connected, your travel plans are automatically added to your TripIt account. You never have to remember to forward an email. TripIt will scan your primary inbox multiple times a day for travel plans, then automatically import them into TripIt. (Auto-Import is currently only offered for Gmail, Google Apps, Yahoo! Mail, and Outlook.com.)
- Important Note: Auto-Import will only scan your Primary inbox. If your Gmail account has inbox tabs (i.e. Promotions, Social, etc.) you will need to disable (Settings > configure inbox) any tabs where travel confirmations are delivered.
- Currently Outlook.com authorization can only be made via our website.
- Auto-Import is an optional feature the user elects to authorize.
- Once authorized, import is not immediate; your inbox will be scanned within 24 hours.
Follow these instructions to get started with Auto-Import.
On our Android and iOS mobile apps:
1. Tap the More tab, select Settings from the menu bar and than scroll down to Auto-Import on Android or Email Accounts on iOS and swipe On (and then see step 4 of Web instructions below).
On our website:
1.Sign in to your TripIt account.
2. Click on Set up Auto-Import and never forget to forward a plan on your home page.
3. Enter your Gmail, Google Apps, Yahoo! Mail or Outlook.com account (it may auto-fill for you).
4. Click Import Plans From This Email.
- For Google, you will be prompted to let TripIt access your inbox. Click Grant Access.
- For Yahoo!, you will need to provide your Yahoo! password.
- For Outlook.com, you will be prompted to enter your Outlook.com password, then click Yes.
- Note: TripIt will not store your email account password, nor will we have any record of it
5. That's it! TripIt will scan your inbox multiple times a day for travel plans.
Note: Make sure your in-box contains only recent confirmation emails. At sign up TripIt will look for all travel related emails, from the last 30 days, in your main in-box regardless of travel date (future or past). As most vendor confirmation emails do not identify the year of travel, past trips may be imported as upcoming trips as TripIt assumes undated travel is for a future trip.
Additional Auto-Import Help:
- How to stop Auto-Import.
- Security for Auto-Import.
- Auto-Import posting trips for all travelers in my in-box.
- Auto-Import posting local / home city events.
- Auto-Import appears not to be working.
Updated: Sep 7, 2016