You can merge multiple TripIt accounts into one.
If you have created multiple TripIt accounts (when you forward a travel confirmation email to firstname.lastname@example.org or receive a TripIt connection request on an email address that isn't associated with your current TripIt account, we will pre-register a new account for that email address) you can easily merge / combine all data from both accounts into one single account. All travel and account information will carry over to the merged account.
Just follow these steps on our website (not available on our mobile apps):
1. Add all of your work and personal email addresses to your account on the Email settings page.
2. If any of these email addresses are linked to another account we will let you know and offer the option to merge the two accounts.
If you already are sure you have more than one account, just click on 'Have a different account that you'd like to merge with this one?' on the About you page.
- Please note each account has it's own password. If at any point you are having trouble merging your accounts due to a password issue you can request your password be reset from the main sign in page. Just click on the 'help me sign in' link located under the password field and specify the email address for the account you can't access. You will then receive an email from email@example.com with instructions on resetting your password.
Primary Email Address:
- The email address for the account that initiates the merge will become the primary email address after the merge is complete.
- If you'd like to change your primary email address for the merged account, go to Email settings on your profile page and select the desired email address from the menu. Be sure to click the 'save' button at the bottom of the page.
Adding Additional Email Addresses:
- You can add additional email addresses, at any time, on the About you page directly above the ‘Have a
different account that you’d like to merge with this one?’ link.
Unmerge an Account
Sorry to say that it is not possible to unmerge (reverse merge) an account. If you wish to have a separate account for one or more of the email addresses associated with your current account your best option is to delete those addresses and then open a new account with them. To transfer any trip data you can share (http://help.tripit.com/entries/90975) those trips with the new accounts.
You can remove email addresses, on our website, in the About you page of your account profile.
Updated: Sep 15, 2016