Possible reasons why you received a There was a problem with your TripIt submission email:
- A supported booking vendor changed their confirmation email format.
- TripIt is optimized to process English-language confirmation emails, and we are actively expanding support for French, German, and Japanese. Your confirmation email may be in a language that we do not yet support.
- Your submitted email was not an original vendor confirmation email (e.g. copy and paste into email, hand typed itinerary, printed from Web browser, scans).
- Your confirmation email contains a link to view your itinerary on the booking vendor's website, but requires your password.
- Your booking was made through a vendor that is not currently supported (smaller regional airlines, independent hotels, etc).
- A setting in your email client has changed the format of your forwarded emails (setting should be to send email as plain text and HTML).
- Your submitted email contains more than one attachment (i.e. multiple pdf files, etc). We read only the first attachment in an email.
Report it to us! We will make every effort to correct or build support for the vendor email.
To let us know about your email submission issue for a supported site please use our Contact Us page at http://www.tripit.com/uhp/feedback or the email action button at the bottom of each help page on your Android or iOS device.
On the Contact Us / pages please:
- Select the category Travel Itinerary > Action Required for your TripIt submission
- In the Your feedback (Web) or Description (mobile) areas provide us the subject line of the booking confirmation e-mail in question and the e-mail address you submitted it from. If reporting missing or incorrect trip items please be specific as to item, date, etc.
***Please do not send your original vendor confirmation email directly to our support department or to firstname.lastname@example.org as it will be read automatically as a new submission and will generate a Booking Mistakenly Sent to TripIt Support email back to you'. ***
In the meantime, if you wish, you can add your trip details to your account manually.
Related Help Pages:
- My itinerary isn't showing up in my account.
- Don't see my trip/Travel plans are in wrong trip.
- Wrong location display;changing your daily date header destination.
Updated: Oct 7, 2016