Updated: May 11, 2016
Below are a few reasons why you received a There was a problem with your TripIt submission email.
- A supported booking vendor changed their confirmation email format.
- TripIt is optimized to process English-language confirmation emails. Your confirmation email may be in a language which we do not yet support.
- The email you sent to firstname.lastname@example.org was not an original confirmation email (e.g. copy and paste into email, hand typed itinerary, printed from Web browser, scans) that was sent to you by the booking vendor.
- Your confirmation email contains a link to view your itinerary on the booking vendor's website, but requires your password.
- Your booking was made through a vendor that is not currently supported (usually smaller regional airlines, independent hotels, etc).
- A setting in your email client has changed the format of your forwarded emails (setting should be to send email as both plain text and HTML).
- The email you sent to email@example.com contains more than one attachment (i.e. multiple pdf files, etc). We read only the first attachment in an email.
Report it to us! We will gladly look into the issue.
To let us know about your Action Required for your TripIt submission issue for a supported site (or specific missing items in your trip itinerary) please use our Contact Us page at http://www.tripit.com/uhp/feedback or the Submit a request link at the bottom of each help page on your Android or iOS device.
- On the Contact Us / Submit a request pages please:
- Select the category Travel Itinerary > Action Required for your TripIt submission
- In the Your feedback (Web) or Description (mobile) areas provide us the subject line of the booking confirmation e-mail in question and the e-mail address you submitted it from. If reporting missing or incorrect trip items please be specific as to item, date, etc.
***Please do not send your original vendor confirmation email directly to our support department or to firstname.lastname@example.org as it will be read automatically as a new submission and will generate a Booking Mistakenly Sent to TripIt Support email back to you'. ***
In the meantime, if you wish, you can add your trip details to your account manually.
Related Help Pages:
- My itinerary isn't showing up in my account.
- Don't see my trip/Travel plans are in wrong trip.
- Wrong location display;changing your daily date header destination.